- — Flavia Dzodan (@redlightvoices)Wed, Mar 13 2013 19:16:59Go and read about the new Pope http://is.gd/d4cjng ing in trials for human rights violations during the dictatorship
- — ThinkProgress (@thinkprogress)Wed, Mar 13 2013 20:23:40Jesuits criticized the new pope for his behavior during the 1976-1983 dictatorship in Argentina http://thkpr.gs/ZAeSBW
- — ThinkProgress (@thinkprogress)Wed, Mar 13 2013 21:55:51New Pope spotlights questions about the Church’s relationship with military dictatorship http://thkpr.gs/YaepJx
- — Flavia Dzodan (@redlightvoices)Wed, Mar 13 2013 21:54:34I speak of the Pope with "hate"? how about the lost lives of 30,000 disappeared, tortured, killed? Those did not deserve better?
- — Ariel Silvera (@ariel_silvera)Wed, Mar 13 2013 21:54:58Seriously guys, 'if he did in fact do it', he was part of the hierarchy during the dictatorship. They are *ALL* guilty and I am not about...
- — Political Dissident (@der_bluthund)Wed, Mar 13 2013 21:33:19Correction. This time it's Pope "Police State Executioner".... RT @jonathonblakele: Pope Nonce is elected
- — I. Giraud (@BlueShoes55)Wed, Mar 13 2013 21:55:35Several Latin American friends not rejoicing: Pope Francis apparently conservative Jesuit; did not speak out against Argentina dictatorship.
- — Flavia Dzodan (@redlightvoices)Wed, Mar 13 2013 21:29:49Those who asked what he could have done during the dictatorship? HOW ABOUT NOT HANDING PRIESTS THAT GOT TORTURED AND KILLED?
- — a.k.a. Sayed Mennir (@indigocat)Wed, Mar 13 2013 21:46:53@Rev_Xavier Not only as medieval as his predecessors: the new Pope collaborated with Videla's dictatorship, murders and child disappearances
- — Princess P (@Poopsabelle)Wed, Mar 13 2013 21:45:24'and the new pope is... a fascist and "complicit in the worst crimes of the Argentine dictatorship". Well done Catholic Church'
- — Flavia Dzodan (@redlightvoices)Wed, Mar 13 2013 21:38:18@der_bluthund as I said earlier, we went from a Pope complicit with Nazis in WW2 to a 70s dictatorship. They are *almost* catching up
- — Flavia Dzodan (@redlightvoices)Wed, Mar 13 2013 21:13:26Erick Erickson: classy Fox News "journalist" that considers it a positive trait that the Pope was complicit in a dictatorship
- — Sabrina S. Robinson (@SabrinaSpiher)Wed, Mar 13 2013 21:12:22@redlightvoices I called Erick Erickson human garbage, and now my mentions are full of ppl telling me how awful I am. *shrug*
Pope Francis and Argentina's Military Dictatorship
byElizabeth Kate Switaj2,674 Views