2016 Leaders To Learn From—A Year in Review
On Friday, March 11, 2016, Leaders To Learn From were recognized at an exclusive event in Washington, D.C., that featured presentations and discussions on school leadership and education policy. Featured speakers included Carol Dweck, Lewis and Virginia Eaton professor of psychology at Stanford University and author of “Mindset: The New Psychology of Success,” and John B. King, Jr., the U.S. Secretary of Education.
- — Education Week (@educationweek)Thu, Feb 25 2016 14:27:01
- Carol Dweck served as our lead keynote discussion and explored her research on how growth mindset practices can work in the classroom, and throughout school systems, to help support educational success.
- — Edweek Events (@edweekevents)Mon, Feb 22 2016 22:49:04
- This year, Education Week introduced "EdTalks!" 5-minute "lightening talks" from Leader alumni including Superintendent Valeria Silva, Superintendent Dennis W. Creedon, and Superintendent Tiffany Anderson. They spoke about their leadership transitions in a myriad of district roles.
- Each member of the Class of 2016 Leaders To Learn From is recognized for their expertise and contribution to their schools.
March 4, 2016
Countdown to the Forum and Recognition EventAs the clock kept ticking down to the big day, the social dialogue began in earnest.
- — Measured Progress (@MeasuredProgres)Thu, Feb 25 2016 14:10:52
March 10, 2016