- This interactive workshop/discussion took ONA attendees through a design thinking exercise to "explore how to represent the full diversity of voices in our communities to make them more present in our reporting." Led by Jost Stearns, @jcstearns, Director of Journalism & Sustainability at the Geraldine R. Dodge Foundation; Jennifer Brandel, @jenniferbrandel, Founder & CEO at Hearken; and Laurenellen McCann, @elle_mccann, Civic Innovation Fellow at Open Technology Institute at New America Foundation.
- — Beth Cortez-Neavel (@ecortez_neavel)Fri, Sep 25 2015 20:26:00
- I took a lot away from this session, just like with all the others. I also came away with a lot of story ideas and ideas for my newsroom on how to better engage with the Texas community to create content they want to hear/read/see.
- — Josh Stearns (@jcstearns)Sat, Sep 26 2015 01:20:05Yes! @elle_mccann created a Spotify playlist for our engagement panel at #ONA15. We don't mind if you sing along: https://play.spotify.com/user/girlmachine/playlist/2xK7TkVqP2Um8TAlrBd2nb?play=true&utm_source=open.spotify.com&utm_medium=open …
- — Beth Cortez-Neavel (@ecortez_neavel)Fri, Sep 25 2015 20:46:18
- — Beth Cortez-Neavel (@ecortez_neavel)Fri, Sep 25 2015 20:48:21
- — Beth Cortez-Neavel (@ecortez_neavel)Fri, Sep 25 2015 20:49:33
- — Meredith Clark, PhD (@meredithclark)Fri, Sep 25 2015 20:50:47
- — Anjanette Delgado (@AnjDelgado)Fri, Sep 25 2015 20:50:11
- — Kate McLaughlin (@EccUnionKate)Fri, Sep 25 2015 20:52:10
#ONA15: Community Engagement Models for More Inclusive Journalism
"We can build more diverse and inclusive journalism if we engage directly with community members," the session description says.
byBeth Cortez-Neavel87 Views