- What the heck is an Advisory Neighborhood Commissioner? And who's my ANC member?
In advance of this year's election, The Hill is Home released a special feature on local community races. The goal: to make you a powerful and informed voter!
- Also, be sure to read-up on your charter amendments.
- Early in the morning, on Election day, we found one voter having issues with an identification mix-up. We connected the voter with the Board of Elections, ANC Commissioner David Garber and Charles Allen, the chief of staff to Councilmember Tommy Wells, who stepped in to assist.
- Voters complained that poll stations did not have an adequate number of e-voting machines. At certain locations, the paper ballot line moved faster than the e-voting line.
- Apparently, Capitol Hill is also filled with residents ending in last names P-Z. If you were one of those people, you may have waited a bit extra on Tuesday morning.
- Despite long lines and cold temperatures, many outlasted the wait to vote this morning. Polls in Washington, D.C. remain open until 8 p.m. Tuesday.