- U.S. Rep. Lamar Smith (R-Texas) said today that hearings regarding SOPA are being postponed until further notice.
- And U.S. Sen. Harry Reid (D-Nev.), the Senate Majority Leader, said a vote on PIPA was indefinitely postponed.
- The reaction:
- — John Beddoe (@jdbeddoe)Fri, Jan 20 2012 19:40:14
- — Matthew Hansen (@mhansenmedia)Fri, Jan 20 2012 19:40:12
- — Pace Ricciardelli (@notpace)Fri, Jan 20 2012 19:42:43
- — Stephen Boyle (@fuzzytek)Fri, Jan 20 2012 19:43:25
- — Danny Sullivan (@dannysullivan)Fri, Jan 20 2012 16:57:28
- — Michael Arrington (@arrington)Fri, Jan 20 2012 14:51:12Congress must act to drastically increase penalties for subway turnstile jumping. Thousands of US jobs & trillions of dollars are at stake.
- — John Lilly (@johnolilly)Fri, Jan 20 2012 05:06:30This exposes a bunch of the ongoing issue we have after SOPA - they view the failure as strategic mistakes in lobbying. http://nyti.ms/y1InO5 5
- — The Illuminati (@ThelIluminati)Thu, Jan 19 2012 20:03:10
Reaction to the shelving of SOPA, PIPA
Congressional action on the House of Representatives' Stop Online Piracy Act and the Senate's PROTECT IP Act came to a screeching halt today in the wake of protests against the bills earlier this week. Here's a sampling of the reaction online.
bydwight silverman12,389 Views