- A warning. The session on funding #scicomm was 3 hours long. So, this recap is 3 hours long. Ok, I'm kidding (sorta). Somehow Sarah Dewitt, brilliant scientist and master sketchnoter, summarized the whole conversation in two drawings. The first beautiful sketchnote summary is posted here. The second is at the top of Recap Part 2 here: bit.ly/1z6j3GU
- The backdrop on where the funding for #scicomm session idea came from...
- — Keegan Sawyer (@drkeegansawyer)Sun, Feb 15 2015 21:37:17
- — Erika Shugart (@ErikaShugart)Sun, Feb 15 2015 21:38:33Get the sustainable infrastrucures report here: http://www.nap.edu/catalog/18728/sustainable-infrastructures-for-life-science-communication-workshop-summary … #AAASmtg
- — LizNeeley (@LizNeeley)Sun, Feb 15 2015 21:40:17
- — Alberto Roca (@MinorityPostdoc)Sun, Feb 15 2015 21:43:16#AAASmtg #SciComm: @scheufele/@UWMadison Reflections frm @theNASciences Workshop https://aaas.confex.com/aaas/2015/webprogram/Paper14391.html … proceedings http://www.pnas.org/content/111/Supplement_4/13585 …
- ...and the movers and shakers involved in making the AAAS session happen (with a special shout-out to Susan Singer from NSF who stepped in for Rich Boone).
- — becca harrison (@_beccaharrison)Sun, Feb 15 2015 21:35:02
- — Alberto Roca (@MinorityPostdoc)Sun, Feb 15 2015 21:38:01
Thoughts from the Panel: Academia, Government, and Industry
- — Talk Science To Me (@TalkScienceToMe)Sun, Feb 15 2015 21:39:26
- — Talk Science To Me (@TalkScienceToMe)Sun, Feb 15 2015 21:39:54
- — Rick Borchelt (@RickBorchelt)Sun, Feb 15 2015 21:41:29
- — Genetics Soc of Amer (@GeneticsGSA)Sun, Feb 15 2015 21:44:28
Recap Part 1: Going Public - Investing in Science Communication for Scientists
We wanted to know how to better get scientists the financial support they need for public engagement. Here is the collection of thoughts from a symposium about funding for #scicomm from the 2015 annual meeting of the American Association for the Advancement of Science.
byKeegan Sawyer2 Likes467 Views