- These tweets were part of Documenting the Now's second Twitter chat on August 11, 2016. The tweets have been curated which means we've attempted to keep conversations and responses to questions grouped together, altering the purely chronological flow of the original stream. We also tried to include replies that did not use the #docnowcommunity hashtag. Please get in touch if you sent a tweet that you would like to have included or removed. firstname.lastname@example.org
- — DocumentingTheNow (@documentnow)Thu, Aug 11 2016 18:00:07Welcome to our Twitter chat about social media research. Please take a moment to introduce yourself #docnowcommunity.
- — DocumentingTheNow (@documentnow)Thu, Aug 11 2016 18:00:34
- — Eira Tansey (@eiratansey)Thu, Aug 11 2016 18:03:16
- — Ian Milligan (@ianmilligan1)Thu, Aug 11 2016 18:03:50
- — Ondatra iSchoolicus (@LibSkrat)Thu, Aug 11 2016 18:07:23Hi, #docnowcommunity. I’m Dorothea Salo, iSchool instructor, interested in digital (incl web, social media) and A/V preservation.
- — Shawn Walker (@walkeroh)Thu, Aug 11 2016 18:25:36Hi, I’m Shawn Walker, my research focuses on social media and political participation - especially by social movements. #docnowcommunity
- — Nicholas Proferes (@moduloone)Thu, Aug 11 2016 18:09:52Hello all! Nicholas Proferes here, I study users' understandings and beliefs about how social media work #docnowcommunity
- — Chris Freeland (@chrisfreeland)Thu, Aug 11 2016 18:11:38
- — Desiree P. Jones (@dpjones1983)Thu, Aug 11 2016 18:18:08
Q1. What types of research do you do with social media: topics, disciplines, methods?
- — Alexander C. Nwala (@acnwala)Thu, Aug 11 2016 18:08:27
- — Alexander C. Nwala (@acnwala)Thu, Aug 11 2016 18:12:11I'm interested in: characteristics of good collections, can we teach a machine to build good collections #docnowcommunity
- — Ian Milligan (@ianmilligan1)Thu, Aug 11 2016 18:08:50
- — Brian Dietz (@diuhtez)Thu, Aug 11 2016 18:09:49
- — Neil Fraistat (@fraistat)Thu, Aug 11 2016 18:09:18
DocNow Community Chat: Social Media Research
byDocumentingTheNow4 Likes38 Views