- Louisiana schools and education groups ...
- — John White (@LouisianaSupe)Fri, Dec 14 2012 20:24:29Today's events are unspeakably tragic. They remind us of the fragile nature of life. I urge vigilance in crisis planning and preparations.
- — Bricolage Academy (@BricolageNOLA)Fri, Dec 14 2012 19:41:05We are saddened and horrified by today's tragedy in Newtown, CT. Our thoughts and prayers are with the Sandy Hook and Newtown communities.
- Concerned locals ...
- — Jonas Chartock (@jonaschartock)Fri, Dec 14 2012 18:41:35Words can't do justice to how incredibly sad a day this is. My thoughts are with Sandy Hook and indeed all humanity.
- — Frederic Washington (@FredericDeon)Fri, Dec 14 2012 19:40:31After a while I have to just change the channel, just thinking about the nature of the tragedy. It's truly heartbreaking Bless those babies
- National education advocates:
- — Education Pioneers (@edpioneers)Fri, Dec 14 2012 18:47:28We are deeply saddened by the news from CT, and send our thoughts to all of the students, teachers, school staff and families in Newtown.
- — Benjamin Riley (@benjaminjriley)Fri, Dec 14 2012 16:22:41
- Various thoughts about causes and solutions:
- — Gideon Stein (@gideonstein)Fri, Dec 14 2012 18:08:55These tragedies need to end. Shame on the gun lobby. http://news.blogs.cnn.com/2012/12/14/shooting-reported-at-connecticut-elementary-school/ …n.com/2012/12/14/shooting-reported-at-connecticut-elementary-school/
- — Andrew Rotherham (@arotherham)Fri, Dec 14 2012 18:23:53Today should spark a discussion about our societal gun violence problem, which is acuter than our school violence prob http://www.eduwonk.com/2012/12/sandy-hook-schools.html …om/2012/12/sandy-hook-schools.html
- — Frederic Washington (@FredericDeon)Fri, Dec 14 2012 18:01:29Columbine in 99, John McDonogh (New Orleans) in 2003, Virginia Tech in 2007 & today's tragedy in CT, lets put prayer back in public schools!
- Advice for families:
NOLA reacts to Newtown, Conn., school shooting
The news of today's mass shooting at a school in Sandy Hook, Conn., hit especially close to home for members of the New Orleans education community. Here are some of your responses. Share more in the comments below.
byDanielle Dreilinger1,470 Views