- Q1:How do you prefer to communicate? IRL, phone, text, video, written, verbal?
- — Ivana Taylor (@DIYMarketers)Mon, Nov 06 2017 19:11:00A1: I never thought I’d love texting as much as I do, whether it’s Instant Message or phone text - LOVE IT. #BizapaloozaChat
- — Independent Retailer (@indretailer)Mon, Nov 06 2017 19:10:57
- — Tim Berry (@Timberry)Mon, Nov 06 2017 19:15:33A1 my preference totally depends on what and with whom I'm communicating. Wide range from in person only to social media #bizapaloozachat
- Q2:What’s your definition of communication?
- — Gary McIntire (@garymcintire)Mon, Nov 06 2017 19:35:34A2: Mutual exchange of information in a manner that is compatible to all parties involved (received as intended). #bizapaloozachat
- — Andrea Villeneuve (@DreaVilleneuve)Mon, Nov 06 2017 19:22:17A2: The means by which two or more people exchange ideas, thoughts and information. #BizapaloozaChat https://twitter.com/Bizapalooza/status/927615319555764224 …
- — Ivana Taylor (@DIYMarketers)Mon, Nov 06 2017 19:16:00A2: Best definition I heard from a 10 year old: Communication is getting information from your head to their head #BizapaloozaChat
- Q3: What are the skills needed for effective communication?
- — SmallBizOpinions (@SmallBizOpinion)Mon, Nov 06 2017 19:23:00A3) The ability to use your body to communicate is key in getting your message across. #BizapaloozaChat
- — Ken Gordon (@quickmuse)Mon, Nov 06 2017 19:24:13A3 Open ears. A tremendous quantity of humility. Access to good words and the ability to arrange 'em. A sense of humor and history might help. The E-word. #bizapaloozachat
- — Andrea Villeneuve (@DreaVilleneuve)Mon, Nov 06 2017 19:25:41A3: The willingness to be open to how communication happens, knowledge of the language spoken, or a willingness to learn, #BizapaloozaChat https://twitter.com/DIYMarketers/status/927616575271682048 …
- Q4: Would you say that communicating today is easier or more difficult than 20 years ago?
- — Sharleen Reyes (@YesSharleen)Tue, Nov 07 2017 05:51:03A4: Easier! Instant feedback, instant access to analytics. Positions created for this that didn’t exist before #bizapaloozachat https://twitter.com/bizapalooza/status/927617834565300224 …
- — Gary McIntire (@garymcintire)Mon, Nov 06 2017 19:39:35A4: Easier relative to medium and efficiency. Harder relative to context. Short attention spans make context challenging. #bizapaloozachat
- — Anita Campbell (@smallbiztrends)Mon, Nov 06 2017 19:29:25A4: Communication is harder today in the sense there are so many channels to monitor. #BizapaloozaChat https://twitter.com/Bizapalooza/status/927617834565300224 …
- — StrategyStew (@strategystew)Mon, Nov 06 2017 19:29:00A4 Personally, I think communication is communication. It’s not about the tools, it’s about your ability to connect. #BizapaloozaChat
- Q5: What role does listening play in good communication?
- — Independent Retailer (@indretailer)Mon, Nov 06 2017 19:31:58
- — Bizapalooza (@Bizapalooza)Mon, Nov 06 2017 19:32:00A5- Listening skills can either inspire or demotivate the communicator. Disengaged listenin shuts the message down. #BizapaloozaChat
- — SmallBizOpinions (@SmallBizOpinion)Mon, Nov 06 2017 19:33:00A5) Listening is the star. The quality of listening impacts the meaning and the implementation of the communication. #BizapaloozaChat
Was it Something I Said? How to Communicate Effectively
How do you know if you’re a good communicator? Get valuable tips on how to communicate effectively, listen for the gold and connect with anyone.
byIvana Taylor16 Views