- Q1: Why did you start your business? -- or -- if you aren’t a business owner, what kind of business would you start and why?
- — Jim Katzaman $ #LifeInsurance $ Worker #Benefits (@JKatzaman)Mon, Jan 22 2018 19:11:56A1 I incorporated when I got work as a contractor. My accountant told me to incorporate as an S-Corporation to channel and manage my untaxed income. #BizapaloozaChat
- — Tim Berry (@Timberry)Mon, Jan 22 2018 19:13:46A1: I started my business to escape boredom while not going broke. More time building software things, while still paying the mortgage and such. Do what I like and support the family at the same time. #bizapaloozachat
- — Aleq Miller (@aleq_miller)Mon, Jan 22 2018 19:13:22
- Q2: Why do so many small businesses fail?
- — Dr. Dorrie Cooper (@sittingpretty61)Mon, Jan 22 2018 19:17:49A2. A lack of resources from funds to expertise. Failure to research the market and targeting consumer and niche. #BizapaloozaChat
- — SmallBizOpinions (@SmallBizOpinion)Mon, Jan 22 2018 19:18:00A2) Lack of the reality check, finances and situational analysis. We all think that our idea is the best but the realisation process has many bumps and flaws. #BizapaloozaChat
- — Aleq Miller (@aleq_miller)Mon, Jan 22 2018 19:16:12
- Q3: Share a tip for assuring yourself a profit at the end of the year.
- — Ivana Taylor (@DIYMarketers)Mon, Jan 22 2018 19:21:00
- Q4: Do you think that we glamorize entrepreneurship (i.e. Steve Jobs, Elon Musk, Shark Tank)? If so, what impact does that have on small business success?
- — Louis Gudema (@LouisGudema)Mon, Jan 22 2018 19:31:20A4 Small biz ownership is definitely romanticized ("job creators"). Most fail. It's hard work. Read, get advice. have a board of advisors or mentors. #BizapaloozaChat
- — T-Shirt Cloud (@tshirtcloud)Mon, Jan 22 2018 19:29:20
- — StrategyStew (@strategystew)Mon, Jan 22 2018 19:29:00A4 It’s the focus on results and success that muddies the water - no one wants to share trick and tips how they overcame the difficulties. #BizapaloozaChat
- Q5: Do you think there’s a profile for successful entrepreneurs? If so, what’s on your list of characteristics to be a successful entrepreneur?
- — Tim Berry (@Timberry)Mon, Jan 22 2018 19:33:46A5: There is paradox here. Entrepreneurs are people who do things their own way. Almost by definition, they are different, each individual. So we can't do the profile of the generic entrepreneur. IMO #bizapaloozachat
- — Ivana Taylor (@DIYMarketers)Mon, Jan 22 2018 19:31:00A5: There are definitely entrepreneurial characteristics. One that seems to be everywhere is boundless energy and optimism #BizapaloozaChat
- — Bizapalooza (@Bizapalooza)Mon, Jan 22 2018 19:32:00A5- Not sure about the profile, I suppose determination and focus are important, but that won’t give results if focus is on the wrong things. #BizapaloozaChat
Small Business Hacks for 2018
Why do so many small businesses fail? Because they didn’t know the hacks that we’re sharing here today. Rieva Lesonsky and Barry Moltz share lessons from decades of giving small business advice.
byIvana Taylor109 Views