- Q1: Would you say that your business is successful? How do You measure success?
- — Jim Katzaman (@JKatzaman)Mon, Oct 23 2017 18:11:23A1 Measure business success based on metrics you agreed upon to gauge progress when you created your strategic plan. #BizapaloozaChat
- — Bizapalooza (@Bizapalooza)Mon, Oct 23 2017 18:12:00A1- Yes, I consider my business successful, but I can do better. Profits is the first thing I look at to measure success. #BizapaloozaChat
- — SmallBizOpinions (@SmallBizOpinion)Mon, Oct 23 2017 18:13:01A1) I’m a solopreneur, and I do well, but I want to grow my business, because my customers need that. #BizapaloozaChat
- Q2: What does it take to have a successful business today?
- — Dr. Dorrie Cooper (@sittingpretty61)Mon, Oct 23 2017 18:18:35A2. I think resilience despite what industry you start out in is that you face an avalanche of challenges so get a shovel. #BizapaloozaChat
- — Andrea Villeneuve (@DreaVilleneuve)Mon, Oct 23 2017 18:17:41A2: Commitment to customer. Exemplary service. Understanding why they find you and why they leave. #BizapaloozaChat https://twitter.com/Bizapalooza/status/922526790026805249 …
- — Jim Katzaman (@JKatzaman)Mon, Oct 23 2017 18:16:39A2 Today's business success hinges on combination of perseverance and resilience -- assuming you had a good plan going in. #BizapaloozaChat
- Q3: How can we measure success of a business beyond profit?
- — Ivana Taylor (@DIYMarketers)Mon, Oct 23 2017 18:21:01A3: My favorite measure of success that isn’t profit is customer satisfaction. Happy customers = profit. #BizapaloozaChat
- — Dr. Dorrie Cooper (@sittingpretty61)Mon, Oct 23 2017 18:21:33A3. I think Jim hit this point in that measure yourself against a strategic plan with measurable objectives like an IEP. #BizapaloozaChat
- — Bizapalooza (@Bizapalooza)Mon, Oct 23 2017 18:22:01A3- Success is profit, but how we get to that profit is also important - are we ethical, and give back to the society #BizapaloozaChat
- — Andrea Villeneuve (@DreaVilleneuve)Mon, Oct 23 2017 18:22:50A3: I base it on clients who have stayed with us. More than half have been with us 10 years or more. Happy clients #BizapaloozaChat https://twitter.com/DIYMarketers/status/922528050260176896 …
- Q4: What is the best way to define what matters the most in your business?
- — StrategyStew (@strategystew)Mon, Oct 23 2017 18:29:00A4 Customer experience and to provide a good one, I need data, not just ab them, about my business as well. #BizapaloozaChat
- — Jim Katzaman (@JKatzaman)Mon, Oct 23 2017 18:27:57A4 What matters most in your business is how you feel, not what others feel for you. You define your success. #BizapaloozaChat
- — Ivana Taylor (@DIYMarketers)Mon, Oct 23 2017 18:26:01A4: I think that customer feedback is critical to defining the critical success factors for your business. #BizapaloozaChat
- Q5: What are the benefits of tech and apps in better decision making?
- — Jim Katzaman (@JKatzaman)Mon, Oct 23 2017 18:31:58A5 Tech and apps will help you tie in to pre-approved metrics so you'll have instant business progress at your fingertips. #BizapaloozaChat
- — SmallBizOpinions (@SmallBizOpinion)Mon, Oct 23 2017 18:33:00A5) Easy access, better communication, collaboration tools, tech is important in modern business and work process #BizapaloozaChat
How to Measure Business Success
A detailed conversation about specifically what to measure to grow your business. How to use a business dashboard, how to select key performance indicators and build a profitable business you love.
byIvana Taylor38 Views