- Q1: Do you publish posts on platforms (medium, linkedin) or you do you have your own website? Why?
- — Andy Crestodina (@crestodina)Mon, Dec 18 2017 19:10:01A1: I always publish on my site first, unless it’s a guest post. For me, Medium and LinkedIn are for syndication later. #BizapaloozaChat
- — Ivana Taylor (@DIYMarketers)Mon, Dec 18 2017 19:11:00A1: I know I SHOULD publish on these other platforms, but I don’t. I feel like if I did publish everywhere, I’d do NOTHING else. Anyone have ideas on how to do blog and platform content? #BizapaloozaChat
- — StrategyStew (@strategystew)Mon, Dec 18 2017 19:14:00A1 Occasionally I publish on linkedin, haven’t tried Medium yet, but if I do, I won’t just republish I’ll write new posts. #BizapaloozaChat
- — SmallBizOpinions (@SmallBizOpinion)Mon, Dec 18 2017 19:13:00A1) I want to start using one of those platforms in 2018, but I have to choose one, still not sure which one is better for me. #BizapaloozaChat
- Q2: How do you come up with content ideas for things to write about?
- — Jim Katzaman $ #LifeInsurance $ Worker #Benefits (@JKatzaman)Mon, Dec 18 2017 19:15:52A2 I write from personal experience or create stories from meetings I've attended. #BizapaloozaChat
- — Nimit Bhatt (@BhattNimit)Tue, Dec 19 2017 05:15:41
- — Andy Crestodina (@crestodina)Mon, Dec 18 2017 19:18:09A2: I look for people’s questions, I use Quora as well, it’s not about popularity it’s about providing an answer to some specific topic. #BizapaloozaChat
- Q3: What makes you read other people’s posts?
- — Suzanne Stewart (@SuzanneStewart1)Mon, Dec 18 2017 19:22:33
- — Jim Katzaman $ #LifeInsurance $ Worker #Benefits (@JKatzaman)Mon, Dec 18 2017 19:21:38A3 If you write, you ought to take your time and do a blog well. Shoot for quality over quantity. A person might see any of your articles for the first time, and you don't want to leave a bad first impression. #BizapaloozaChat
- — Ivana Taylor (@DIYMarketers)Mon, Dec 18 2017 19:21:00A3: Personally, I look for very specific how-to content. I also love screenshots of how to do something. #BizapaloozaChat
- — Bizapalooza (@Bizapalooza)Mon, Dec 18 2017 19:22:00A3- I always try to learn something new, or read other people’s points of view, and not just in my line of work, but other topics like science, and tech. #BizapaloozaChat
- Q4: Do you think social media posts can be categorized as micro blog posts? Why, why not?
- — Nimit Bhatt (@BhattNimit)Tue, Dec 19 2017 06:00:51
- — Carolina (@YoursTrulyCaro)Mon, Dec 18 2017 19:35:38
- — Andy Crestodina (@crestodina)Mon, Dec 18 2017 19:29:01A4: A great social post has some value in it. It’s more than just a headline. Add a diagram, video or something! #BizapaloozaChat
- — Charles Franklin (@charles2reality)Mon, Dec 18 2017 19:30:04@DIYMarketers A4: No matter of what WE think, to the computers running Twitter, Facebook, etc....we're just DATA... My advice: Use social media for the experience, but NEVER forget you're a data point #BizapaloozaChat pic.twitter.com/WmLhYoHB7T
- Q5: There are so many blogs and content out there – how can an author stand out?
- — Tim Berry (@Timberry)Mon, Dec 18 2017 19:34:17A5 If I were more disciplined I would always use editing because I've never had editing that didn't make my work better. But damn, it is so hard to add that extra step, and that extra person, into the process. Takes so much patience. #BizapaloozaChat
- — Charles Franklin (@charles2reality)Mon, Dec 18 2017 19:31:17A5: 1. Persist until you find your craft 2. Practice your craft 3. Perfect your understanding of who you're reaching and what you're doing #BizapaloozaChat https://twitter.com/DIYMarketers/status/942839391013175297 …
- — Ivana Taylor (@DIYMarketers)Mon, Dec 18 2017 19:31:00A5: To stand out as an expert blogger, it’s critical to have a consistent and clear point of view. @JoePullizzi calls it your TILT - I agree. #BizapaloozaChat
Best Blogging Practices for 2018
What are the best blogging practices and trends for 2018? Content Marketing expert, Andy Crestodina shares the results of his 2017 annual blogging survey.
byIvana Taylor178 Views