- Professor Bergdoll introduces the panel.
- — Designers & Books (@designersbooks)Fri, Oct 26 2012 23:56:07
- Barry Bergdoll begins by asking questions about the relationship between books and buildings as well as the role of the architecture book in the future of the design book.
- — Studio Kudos (@StudioKudos)Sat, Oct 27 2012 00:04:01
- — Elizabeth Donoff (@archlighting)Sat, Oct 27 2012 00:08:08
- — Louise Sandhaus (@LouiseSandhaus)Sat, Oct 27 2012 00:08:38The 4 most interesting legacy designers are on this panel and 12 minutes into it Vignelli still talking. #futurebook
- Irma Boom talks about making models of every book she makes. The "Boom book" is discussed. And Michael Bierut and Lorraine Wild both discuss the differences between working in 2d v. 3d.
- — debbie millman (@debbiemillman)Sat, Oct 27 2012 00:14:45
- — Louise Sandhaus (@LouiseSandhaus)Sat, Oct 27 2012 00:19:00Bierut talks regretfully about the lack of the messiness that depicts real use missing in arch depictions. #futurebook
- — Angela Baggetta (@angelabaggetta)Sat, Oct 27 2012 00:15:29
- — Designers & Books (@designersbooks)Sat, Oct 27 2012 00:12:00
- — Louise Sandhaus (@LouiseSandhaus)Sat, Oct 27 2012 00:15:58Michael Bierut also talks about the effort as trying to translate the experience of the architecture to print. #futurebook
- — Alexandra Lange (@LangeAlexandra)Sat, Oct 27 2012 01:41:14
- Vignelli and Boom on who will design the last book.
The Future of the Design Book at Designers & Books Fair
Massimo Vignelli, Lorraine Wild, Irma Boom, Michael Bierut, and Barry Bergdoll took the stage Friday night as the Keynote presentation for the first Designers & Books Fair.
byDesigners & Books212 Views