- Watch A Live Stream Of The Launch Here: Live Stream
- Before the Operations Center was unveiled the excitement began to build online.
- As the panel discussion began, panelists explored the importance of using social media to get information about disaster situations. This comes immediately after a series of storms in America's heartland killed dozens.
- The discussion quickly turned to the ability of social media to provide people with "digital hugs" in the middle of a disaster.
- Panelists agree that it's important for information gathered through social media to be verified to avoid chasing false situations or spreading false information. Others saw the ability of social medial to help kill false rumors.
- As the panel discussion ended, participants realized that between the Live Stream, twitter and storify, the conversation brought in thousands of people from around the world.
- After a short break the American Red Cross Digital Operations Center was unveiled.
Gail McGovern, CEO of the American Red Cross, and Michael Dell, Chairman of the Board and CEO of Dell, introduced the center by describing why it's so important and how this will revolutionize the way disasters are responded to.