Point Reyes Blue & Onion "toast" Tarts from the Corner Kitchen
- From the "Toasts" menu of the Corner Kitchen in Dayton's Oregon District, consisting of balsamic onions, Point Reyes Blue Cheese, candied walnuts. (Photo courtesy of Natalie Skilliter)
- Slices of sourdough toast topped with mashed avocado, tomato and slices of hard boiled egg, at the Old Arcana restaurant in Arcanum. (Photo by Amelia Robinson)
Guru Green Eggs
- These "Guru Green Eggs" are from “Better on Toast: Happiness on a Slice of Bread 70 Irresistible Recipes” by Jill Donenfeld. Here's the story behind this dish and the cookbook:
- Still not sold? Use your imagination and seek out the brunch menu item called "French Toast BLT" from the Ele Cake Co. in Austin Landing development in Miami Twp. near Springboro.
- It consists of French toast, applewood bacon, lettuce and tomato, all sandwiched between sourdough bread french toast, drizzled with
maple syrup and sprinkled with powdered sugar.
- Then there's this from Eater.com:
- Lunch, dinner or breakfast, toast rules -- at least for today!