- — Marianne Heaslip (@marianneheaslip)Thu, Mar 08 2012 22:27:40@lindasgrant - university friend told in first arch job she wouldn't 'get on' as she didn't play golf and wasn't in the masons (2000).
- — Jenni Russell (@jennirsl)Thu, Mar 08 2012 22:27:28
- — Val B Russell (@valbrussell)Thu, Mar 08 2012 22:26:19@lindasgrant When I was in a domestic violence shelter in the US, I learned some things that you can only learn there, in that dark hole.
- — Sanya Sheikh (@Sanya_Sheikh)Thu, Mar 08 2012 22:16:55
- — Amanda Saint (@saintlywriter)Thu, Mar 08 2012 22:16:31@lindasgrant was asked by male colleague if there is something wrong with me as i don't want to be a mother, as its not normal apparently
- — yappybluedog (@yappybluedog)Thu, Mar 08 2012 22:11:36
- — WaterstonesIslington (@WstoneIslington)Thu, Mar 08 2012 22:09:26@lindasgrant When behind the till with a male colleague customers always hand the book and money to me and ask colleague questions. Odd.
- — Clare Horwood (@charityclare)Thu, Mar 08 2012 22:09:25@lindasgrant in a job appraisal in 2000 boss said to me that I need to work harder for clients to find me credible because I was blonde.
- — Claire Nelson (@clairenelson)Thu, Mar 08 2012 22:01:50@lindasgrant Bike shopping for cycle challenge in work attire. Male salesman glanced at heels, said "Guessing you'll be in the slow group?"
- — Judith Evans (@JudithREvans)Thu, Mar 08 2012 22:03:48@lindasgrant working at national broadsheet recently, instructions straight from the top: 'we need more pictures of women and animals'
- — Michelle Green (@MichelleECGreen)Thu, Mar 08 2012 22:04:02
- — Polly Billington (@PollyB1967)Thu, Mar 08 2012 22:07:46@lindasgrant in 80s- 17 yr old winner of nat debating comp told by man from sponsoring bank I was denying my "destiny" if i didn't have kids
- — Paris Art Club (@ParisArtClub)Thu, Mar 08 2012 22:00:22@lindasgrant: as female attorney, was told to use 1st initial (not feminine 1st name) b/c client didn't "believe in lady lawyers."
- — Natasha Walter (@Natasha_Walter)Thu, Mar 08 2012 21:58:54@lindasgrant Y'day asylum seeking survivor of rape in prison fm Burundi deported by Home Office who refused to blv story despite gd evidence
- — Suzy Klein (@suzyklein)Thu, Mar 08 2012 21:55:33
- — Clemency Burton-Hill (@clemencybh)Thu, Mar 08 2012 21:53:50
International Womens Day 2012
@lindasgrant highlights stories that show why feminism is and was necessary
byDawn Foster2,860 Views