- Ryerson's Science Rendezvous, Canada's largest public science event, "where science and people meet", provided a fabulous backdrop at Dundas Square, in downtown Toronto. There were over 300 Science Rendezvous events across the country on Saturday 13 May 2017, including at Markham Farmer's Market, organized by York University, and at the University of Toronto.
- Four Soapbox Science speakers each stood on boxes for an hour, on the east side of Yonge Street, using cool props to explain our research to anyone walking by, who was willing to stop and listen! I was one of those speakers. Read on.
- — SoapBox Science (@SoapboxScience)Sat, May 13 2017 16:56:04
- — Soapbox Science CF (@SS_Cardiff)Sat, May 13 2017 14:01:37
- — Hilary Lappin-Scott (@lappinscott)Sat, May 13 2017 16:51:43Great photo of a super event #SoapboxSciTO Congratulations to all the wonderful #WomenInSTEM #Toronto who are taking part 🇨🇦 @ScienceMin https://twitter.com/ryscidean/status/863434764069605376 …
- — Dawn Bazely (@dawnbazely)Sat, May 13 2017 21:48:42
- — Imogen Coe (@RySciDean)Sat, May 13 2017 21:59:01
- — Dawn Bazely (@dawnbazely)Sat, May 13 2017 21:42:37
- — Sasha W🙋💄🔬 (@sash_onaquest)Sat, May 13 2017 18:39:40Thankyou! Had so much fun talking about #phage and #AntibioticResistance! Yay, #soapboxsciTO https://twitter.com/vickyyyf/status/863462602348867585 …
- The volunteers, trained by Leigh and Ana, did a fantastic job!
The North American Debut of Soapbox Science: 13th May 2017
Dean of Science Imogen Coe & the staff of Ryerson's Science Communication, Outreach & Public Engagement Office brought Soapbox Science to North America this May. Soapbox Science was founded in 2011, in the UK, to increase the profile of Women in STEM: Science, Technology, Engineering & Mathematics.
byDawn Bazely1 Like31 Views