Anticipation grew this afternoon as the jury announced it had reached its verdict in the case one day after beginning deliberations.
- — PEAJAEwascher (@PEAJAEwascher)Tue, Jul 05 2011 17:36:39Get ready for a Casey Anthony Twitter explosion today. Jury has reached verdict. This is going to get painfully annoying.
The verdict was then read by the jury foreman, and it seemed the Twitterverse nearly exploded, even locally. Many expected the verdict to be a guilty one.
- — sunfirejamie04 (@sunfirejamie04)Tue, Jul 05 2011 18:31:02Casey Anthony isn't found guilty, even on accounts of lying to authorities numerous times. Nice justice system, America!
- Some began comparing it to the OJ Simpson trial in the 1990s, where many believed he would be found guilty.
- — Rachel_Mckinney (@Rachel_Mckinney)Tue, Jul 05 2011 18:34:33RT @LOLGOP: Prediction: Casey Anthony will end up in jail in 15 years for stealing Casey Anthony memorabilia
- And some in the area showed relief that the coverage of the trial would die down.
- — philipzaroo (@philipzaroo)Tue, Jul 05 2011 18:34:51
- — EOmaizenblue (@EOmaizenblue)Tue, Jul 05 2011 18:50:47“@DavidJ_XV: Idk If Casey Anthony killed her baby or not..But I do know I lead the leauge in Blocks and Scoring in my 2k11 My Player mode”