- Here's how the No More Page 3 campaign and its supporters reacted ...
- — NoMorePage3 (@NoMorePage3)Mon, Jan 19 2015 19:58:17If you haven't seen it already, here's our statement based on what we know so far... AAAAAAHHHHHHH!!! http://www.twitlonger.com/show/n_1sk4gdo
- — stellacreasy (@stellacreasy)Mon, Jan 19 2015 22:25:29
- — Helen (@Hels_Bells1)Tue, Jan 20 2015 09:19:15Hate being yelled at in street. Hate the fools saying as a 'compliment' I could be on page 3. Vile, degrading, good riddance! @NoMorePage3
- — Eleanor Mills (@EleanorMills)Tue, Jan 20 2015 09:38:07RIP page 3 - but now time to turn feminist fire power on The Star who are still running boobs and more? @NoMorePage3
- — Lindsey Clay (@LindseyClay)Tue, Jan 20 2015 07:48:25At times of great emotion I turn to the Buble "it's a beautiful day & I can't stop myself from smiling" congratulations @NoMorePage3.
- — Lush Oxford (@lushoxford)Tue, Jan 20 2015 09:17:15Congratulations to the awesome @NoMorePage3 campaign! Big step in the right direction toward a fair and equal representation in the media ❤️
- ... and some retorts from supporters of The Sun's tradition ...
- — Steve Aldridge (@SteveCAldridge)Tue, Jan 20 2015 09:39:51Can't see how dropping #page3 is a victory for feminism? What happened to choice for models and readers alike? Offended? Just don't buy it.
- — BBC Radio 5 live (@bbc5live)Tue, Jan 20 2015 09:35:56
- ... while there were several comic takes on the news ...
- — Tess Alps (@TessAlps)Tue, Jan 20 2015 07:20:15
- — David Baddiel (@Baddiel)Tue, Jan 20 2015 08:36:12
- — Gráinne Maguire (@GrainneMaguire)Mon, Jan 19 2015 23:23:56Yes it good news, but where the hell are topless models going to publish their thoughts on topical events now?! #PAGE3
- — David James (@DavidJames2100)Tue, Jan 20 2015 09:21:13
- — Sarah Brand (@sarahgailbrand)Tue, Jan 20 2015 07:56:35Congrats to @NoMorePage3 for a sterling campaign.Those who complain they won't get to see a tit on a daily basis can just look in the mirror
Reaction to Page 3's cover-up