Museum Teen Summit: Teens Share Expert Advice
- A teen-led session about a NYC group of teens that serve as consultants to museums in developing and promoting programs for teens. The group meets weekly.
- The group has found Facebook to be their best platform for promoting events to tother teens. The teen who spoke with my small group said that teens prefer the term "youth" to "teen." When asked what he would like to do when visiting an out-of-town museum, he said that he loves to take photos and share them via social media.
Stories to Go: Mobile Platforms for Storytelling and Community Voice
- The Walker's mobile-optimized website for the Minneapolis Sculpture Garden features a community-based audio tour.
Museum Educators and Social Media
- How can museum education departments use social media to communicate with teachers?Facebook pages for teachers:
- Twitter chat hashtags for educators
- More notes on educators and social media