- After a bit of an odd morning getting to the Orange County Convention Center, I was able to skip straight past the line awaiting the keynote and get a seat in the third row on the left side of the stage. This, considering the more than a thousand people in attendance, equated to a minor miracle.
- — Dan_Rowinski (@Dan_Rowinski)Tue, Mar 22 2011 13:09:18Sprint CEO and CTIA chairman Dan Hesse out for the opening if the keynote. A couple jokes and then into some serious issues.
- — tomkrazit (@tomkrazit)Tue, Mar 22 2011 13:20:39Sprint CEO Dan Hesse rattling off stats at #ctia opener but did manage to get the rare Winston Churchill-Yogi Berra combo into his opener.
- Hesse gave respectable opening remarks, noting the explosion that mobile has seen since 2008, the great innovation that has come with mobile, the opportunities in front of the industry and the affect on daily lives of people. Interestingly, he also touched on the subject of IT ...
- — Dan_Rowinski (@Dan_Rowinski)Tue, Mar 22 2011 13:17:20"Cell phones are no longer going to be a gadget. In five years they are going to be what IT is going to be." Hesse #ctiaw11
- — Dan_Rowinski (@Dan_Rowinski)Tue, Mar 22 2011 13:28:37Hesse is going to hit just about every wireless topic that Sprint and CTIA are invoved in. M2M, smart grid, energy efficienct chargers.
- — Dan_Rowinski (@Dan_Rowinski)Tue, Mar 22 2011 13:52:50"I look forward to working with the wireless industry in creating the next-generation 9-1-1 system" Genachowski #ctiaw11
- — Dan_Rowinski (@Dan_Rowinski)Tue, Mar 22 2011 14:04:52Ralph de la Vega (at&t), Dan Hesse (sprint) and Dan Mead (verizon). Cramer's first question "do you guys hate each other?" #ctiaw11
- — Dan_Rowinski (@Dan_Rowinski)Tue, Mar 22 2011 14:14:32De la Vega addressing the spectrum issue of the AT&T-Mobile acquisition. Awkward response when Cramer asks Hesse about it.
- — ArvaniGroup (@ArvaniGroup)Tue, Mar 22 2011 15:00:38#CTIAW11 Sprint CEO says proposed ATT/T-Mo merger can stifle innovation by putting 79% market share in hands of 2 providers: Verizon & ATT.
CTIA Keynote - Hesse, Genachowski, CEO Panel March 22