- After the initial news broke, many quickly went to Twitter -- and to change their brackets.
- — Sean Keeley (@NunesMagician)Tue, Mar 13 2012 18:57:09If Fab Melo is trending during a Syracuse game, great news. If Fab Melo is trending when Syracuse isn't playing, bad news.
- — The Daily Orange (@dailyorange)Tue, Mar 13 2012 19:00:52
- — Q Ahmed (@AmericaFest)Tue, Mar 13 2012 19:14:39RT @fivethirtyeight: Without Fab Melo, Syracuse's chances of winning the tourney dropped by more than half. Now just 3.3% per our model.
- Many fans considered Melo's departure a sign the Orange would not make it far in the NCAA Tournament or against UNC Asheville, who they will play on Thursday at 3:10 p.m. in Pittsburgh.
MBB | Syracuse center Melo ineligible, will not play in NCAA Tournament
Syracuse center Fab Melo will not take part in the NCAA Tournament, SU athletics announced on Tuesday. The sophomore did not travel with the team to Pittsburgh, and will not play due to an eligibility issue. With two days before Syracuse takes on No. 16 UNC Asheville, the news is a crushing blow.
byThe Daily Orange456 Views