- After the initial news broke, many quickly went to Twitter -- and to change their brackets.
- — Sean Keeley (@NunesMagician)Tue, Mar 13 2012 11:57:09If Fab Melo is trending during a Syracuse game, great news. If Fab Melo is trending when Syracuse isn't playing, bad news.
- — The Daily Orange (@dailyorange)Tue, Mar 13 2012 12:00:52
- — Q Ahmed (@AmericaFest)Tue, Mar 13 2012 12:14:39RT @fivethirtyeight: Without Fab Melo, Syracuse's chances of winning the tourney dropped by more than half. Now just 3.3% per our model.
- Many fans considered Melo's departure a sign the Orange would not make it far in the NCAA Tournament or against UNC Asheville, who they will play on Thursday at 3:10 p.m. in Pittsburgh.