- — Adam Keigwin (@akeigwin)Wed, May 16 2012 21:02:58
- — Daily Californian (@dailycal)Wed, May 16 2012 20:51:39
- — Safeena Leila (@safeenaleila)Wed, May 16 2012 20:40:03
- — Daily Californian (@dailycal)Wed, May 16 2012 20:43:07Lt. Gov @GavinNewsom chimes in on budge shortfalls: If we're being honest, we're not talking 6% fee increase... we're talking 15% or more
- — Javier Panzar (@jpanzar)Wed, May 16 2012 19:58:13
- — Adelyn C. Baxter (@ACBaxter)Wed, May 16 2012 19:21:39
- — Daily Californian (@dailycal)Wed, May 16 2012 17:45:58Protesters have left. UC spokesperson Lynn Tierney says #ucregents now meeting in closed session, will return to protest report after lunch
- Students began protesting at the board meeting and chanting to the song "Chain Gang," which led to the Regents moving to a closed session meeting for about an hour. The sounds of the protest were recorded and can be heard below.
- — Daily Californian (@dailycal)Wed, May 16 2012 17:15:30Regents moving to closed session temporarily in light of continued singing/chanting of protesters in meeting room #ucregents
- — Daily Californian (@dailycal)Wed, May 16 2012 17:07:42
- — UC Newsroom (@UCNewsroom)Tue, May 15 2012 23:47:08
Live updates from the UC Board of Regents meeting in Sacramento
The UC Board of Regents are meeting today (5/16/12) in Sacramento where yet another system-wide fee hike will be discussed as well as Gov. Jerry Brown's May Revise budget and its impact on higher education in California.
byDaily Californian415 Views