- When I tweeted a mashable link (or was it Gawker) I attracted the attention of Tomas here. Tomas thought we failed to see the funny. Tomas also wants everyone to know that we live in a free country. We don't, not in the US sense of the word though, nobody in Europe does. There's hate speech laws everywhere here, by the way, just to keep your Sweden Facts up to date.
But sure, when it's not hate speech or holocaust denial, one is entitled to any opinion. And anyone is entitled to disagree with it.
- — Åsk Dabitch (@dabitch)Tue, Jun 12 2012 11:17:37Welcome to @sweden where blondes believe only Jews are circumcised. #OHGODTHETRAINWRECK http://gawker.com/5917712/swedens-democratic-twitter-experiment-implodes-before-our-eyes …17712/swedens-democratic-twitter-experiment-implodes-before-our-eyes
- — Åsk Dabitch (@dabitch)Tue, Jun 12 2012 11:43:58
- — Tomas (@Vassaste_Kniven)Tue, Jun 12 2012 11:59:45@adland People are awfully mean to her, and to start a internet mob for someone saying something, isn't really freedom of spech is it.
- Other reactions on twitter? Ranging from jawdrops to "you didn't get the joke peoples". Here's a few I found.
- — Andrea Li Vigni (@0laszvand0r)Wed, Jun 13 2012 00:57:59@sweden I think that you didn't write anything strange, but it seems that when Jews are involved peolpe starts to act in a strange way
- — Heather Franklin (@sketcHinessCoUk)Wed, Jun 13 2012 00:49:08If you're feeling a bit derpy this week, follow @sweden and you will instantly feel smart and educated
- — Russell Neches (@ryneches)Tue, Jun 12 2012 19:19:52@sweden This particular Jew is not offended. However, there are more circumcised Christians than Jews on Earth. Maybe not best indicator.