- In other words, Saturday, April 16, 2016 was Homo naledi Day at the AAPAs!
- Things kicked off at 8am to a mostly-full room (there were already audience members claiming seats when I showed up at 7:15am to set up my presentation).
- First up was Marina Elliott with her talk "Geological and taphonomic context of excavations within the Rising Star cave system".
- Say it again for those in the back: WATCH THIS SPACE (for Homo naledi dates)!
- Next up was Lauren Schroeder with her talk "Skull diversity within the Homo lineage and the relative position of Homo naledi".