- The Weekender kicked off on Thursday night with a special edition of Manchester Art Gallery's 'Thursday Lates' series: live music/performance from Kirsty Almeida, as well as the late opening of new exhibition, The First Cut.
- — Maria Balshaw (@mbalshaw)Thu, Oct 11 2012 17:42:07RT @debtrecords: Tonight a free (and utterly unique) show from @kirstyalmeida at @mcrartgallery from 7pm http://www.creativetourist.com/weekender-2/the-manchester-weekender-thursday …ouManchestereekender-2/the-manchester-weekender-thursday #Manchester
- After that, it was all about final preparations, whetting of the appetites and then into the first day/night of the Weekender - Friday's highlights included the launch of Sketch-O-Matic, the Manchester Artists' Book Fair, Songs of the Caged Bird, Action Hero vs. GO Project at Gorilla and our Brief Encounter Film Night.
- — Matt Horwood (@matthewhorwood)Sun, Oct 14 2012 14:58:34
- — Our Favourite Places (@faveplaces)Fri, Oct 12 2012 14:52:17@lollipopprlady it's the best outfit ever! Lots of good stuff on for tots at the Manchester Weekender; http://www.creativetourist.com/weekender-2/the-manchester-weekender-2012 …ourist.com/weekender-2/the-manchester-weekender-2012
- — GenuinelyHelpful.com (@GHPLtd)Fri, Oct 12 2012 15:23:49
- — Carolina Beiertz (@carolinabeiertz)Fri, Oct 12 2012 14:49:22
- — Creativetourist.com (@creativetourist)Fri, Oct 12 2012 13:55:56Well that's 150 chairs in the 1830 warehouse for the pop-up cinema.... looking cosy. Next stop bunting. It's all go #mcrweekender
- — NationalFootballMus (@footballmuseum)Fri, Oct 12 2012 16:35:05
- OK, Saturday - we started the day with a little run-down of some of what was on (you know, just to help ease you into the weekend)... and then we had cinema at the 1830 Warehouse, David Shrigley, Sketch-O-Matic, walks and tours, dogs at the Manchester Museum, Islington Mill on tour, sculpture and comedy down at The Quays...
- — Creativetourist.com (@creativetourist)Sat, Oct 13 2012 08:24:22
- — Carl Stevens (@SonicAffective)Sat, Oct 13 2012 14:34:50
The Manchester Weekender 2012
Art, culture and cultural shenanigans in the city we call home - here's a round-up of a wonderful weekend (11-14 October).