The Manchester Weekender kicked off with an intimate acoustic performance in the new Valette exhibition, at The Lowry, with Corinne Drewery of Swing Out Sister.
- Roll on Saturday with a packed schedule of events and activities. At Manchester Museum, children and their parents became archaeologists for the day as part of the Egyptian Unearthed exhibition.
- On the other side of town Audrey & Olivia, stars of cult Bronte spoof Withering Looks, led a hilarious walking tour around the city, presenting the stories of the women who shaped Manchester, from trailblazing suffragette Christabel Pankhurst to eminent novelist Elizabeth Gaskell.
- At Manchester Craft and Design centre EthniCITY meant an afternoon of international music & dancing, along with tasty nibbles from the well-loved cafe.
- And at the People's History Museum, a session of cake, conversation and creativity as visitors were invited to make mini protest banners.
- Over at The Quays, Len Grant led a photography workshop where participants created their own street portraiture exhibition.