September - The Presidential Month
- September 12 marked an incredible moment in CPCC history. U.S. Vice President Joe Biden visited Central Campus and spoke inside Tate Hall about the Administration's investments to support community colleges and businesses that are working together to create pathways to the middle class.
- Here is his entire speech:
- And you can't have a visit from the White House without capturing the motorcade on video:
- As you may already know, CPCC President Dr. Tony Zeiss is retiring after 23 years of service to the college. This video was just a small tribute to his outstanding leadership.
- The awards keep rolling in. Dr. Zeiss was also honored with the Order of the Hornet, Mecklenburg County commissioners' highest recognition and special recognition at the La Noticia's Excelente Awards.
- Following a nationwide search and interview process, we chose a successor to Dr. Tony Zeiss. Dr. Kandi Deitemeyer was selected as the college's fourth president and will begin her tenure in January 2017. Dr. Deitemeyer is the current president of College of The Albemarle based in Elizabeth City, N.C.
CPCC in the News
- We were deeply saddened by the recent news of two school closings (ITT Technical Institute and Regency Beauty Institute). These students were left in a terrible situation, so we thought we'd reach out to them and help them continue their education.
- Our Middle Colleges are also gaining a lot of attention and notoriety.