Monday 1/7/2013 - Glue sniffin', syllabus plannin' rock 'n' roll.
- I love when a weird band does a great straight song, like the Godz' "Ruby Red".
- "After the Beatles, the Action were the most impressive band signed to EMI by George Martin during the mid-'60s."Bruce Eder was talking about a different band called the Action, but this is what Spotify put up for this late '70s Ottawa punk band's biography. I like thinking Sir George Martin was really into them regradless.
- Damn this band is good.
- Similarly damn good, the OBN IIIs.
Tuesday 1/8/2013 - That syllabus is not planning itself.
- I haven't really glommed onto anything Bowie has done in the last decade but this song is sad and contemplative and distant, which is his strength. Oursler's projection sculptures are creepy as always, smearing the digital/physical line.
- I'm not one to say this kind of thing usually, but this BMW commercial is really great. I watched it twice. Music by film composer Abel Korzeniowski.
- Here is an interview with the composer.
- Maya, 11, is way into this song by Temposhark, though she warned me before playing it that there was a sexual act described at one point. I told her I thought we could both handle it.