- I'll be honest, the movie A LAST QUARTET looks a little heavy-handed but the idea of all the instruments going out of tune in their own time yet having to stay harmonious is a beautiful one, especially here on the first day of class.
- Here is the Allegri String Quartet harmoniously slugging out Beethoven's Op. 31 in C# Minor, the one referenced in the movie, along with Benjamin Britten's String Quartet No. 3.
- Benjamin Britten would have been 100 this year.
- Tuesday 1/15/2013
- I've had "Suspicious Minds" in my head for weeks now; particularly a daydream snippet that I am singing it at karaoke with co-workers.
- Listening to it did little to break the spell, but dude, the whole SUSPICIOUS MINDS album is a little bananas.
- Wednesday 1/16/2013
- I know that assessment seems harsh but I mean in it in all the good and bad contexts. This particular song is deliciously uninteresting.
- New old music from soul powerhouse Lee Fields. This guy keeps killin' it.