- Missourian photographer Unho Yi caught a picture of the moon at the Burr Oak Tree last night. Check out the cover photo we made of his photograph here:
- Some Columbia residents were awed by the moon, and took pictures to prove it.
- But other Columbians found the moon to be lackluster, annoying or hard-to-find.
- — Megan Stanley (@megster1492)Sun, Jun 23 2013 04:12:28Dear super moon, some of us have to be up super early, and you're super bright and it's super annoying. Got that? SUPER.
- But even when the moon could not be found, it still turned out to be a beautiful summer night in Columbia.
Columbia glimpses the 2013 supermoon
Last night, the moon rose high and large over Columbia. It was the 2013 supermoon, also known as a perigree moon, which occurs when a full moon lines up with the Earth and sun and is at a point where the moon is nearest to the Earth as it traces its orbit.
byColumbia Missourian629 Views