- — Dan Reimold (@collegemedia)Sun, Jul 12 2015 23:40:29Q5: Many student media outlets are eager to reinvent & innovate more. Any tips on how to get started or what to focus on? #collegemedia
- — Angela Christaldi (@angelanoelle18)Sun, Jul 12 2015 23:41:08
- — Gary Grumbach (@GaryGrumbach)Sun, Jul 12 2015 23:41:34#collegemedia We are in the beginning stages of developing an App for iPhones. We think this will be a new and unique way to reach students.
- — Karen Hansen (@hansenkarenm)Sun, Jul 12 2015 23:41:37Team up with business students to think about business models. Dig into news sources you like. #collegemedia https://twitter.com/collegemedia/status/620377216141004800 …
- — Michael Geheren (@mgeheren)Sun, Jul 12 2015 23:42:20
- — Emma Discher (@EmmaDischer)Sun, Jul 12 2015 23:42:32I think it's good to check out what other student media groups are doing, but never limit yourself to just copying others. #collegemedia
- — Dan Reimold (@collegemedia)Sun, Jul 12 2015 23:42:33
- — Gordon Friedman (@gordonrfriedman)Sun, Jul 12 2015 23:43:02#collegemedia Q5: Think about audience, format, impact of stories. What are we trying to accomplish? How will we measure? Also: BUDGET
- — Sean Feverston (@Feverlast)Sun, Jul 12 2015 23:43:16
- — Stephen Fowler (@stphnfwlr)Sun, Jul 12 2015 23:43:23
- — Dalton LaFerney (@daltonlaferney)Sun, Jul 12 2015 23:43:46
- — Julia Shumway (@JMShumway)Sun, Jul 12 2015 23:43:53
- — Gary Grumbach (@GaryGrumbach)Sun, Jul 12 2015 23:43:58#collegemedia Twitter (obviously!) But also CNN, NBC, and Accuweather for professional uses. Snapchat for personal.
- — Kenna Griffin (@profkrg)Sun, Jul 12 2015 23:44:46A5: Focus on storytelling. Think: "What is the best ideal way to tell this story?" Then find the tools to make it happen. #collegemedia
- — Julia Shumway (@JMShumway)Sun, Jul 12 2015 23:45:33
- — Olivia Krauth (@oliviakrauth)Sun, Jul 12 2015 23:45:40A5: Go to where the students are, whether it's covering a certain event or topic or a certain platform they like using. #collegemedia
- — Michael Geheren (@mgeheren)Sun, Jul 12 2015 23:45:44
How Can Student Media Reinvent & Innovate More?
Student Media Staffers, Advisers, Professors and Alums Tackle This Question During #collegemedia Live Chat
byDan Reimold1,318 Views