What about the other cyclists?
- A handful of people who spoke out with their concerns about doping said they previously felt vilified. An article about how many of them now feel vindicated left others wondering what will happen next in cycling.
- I'm pretty sure if you went to the extreme to prove the other cyclists were doping the person in 21st place would probably be the first clean cyclist and therefore the true winner...lol This sport has turned into a serious jokefest. I use to look forward to watching it every year but that has come to an end.
Who is Armstrong, the person?
- I think he at first wasn't in for cheating, but there was probably money,, a name to be had. The fact that others who will have things against them and a lot to lose came forward now. I would have to say, something inside him decided that the fame and fortune and the chance of getting away with it was worth the chance. At first I was upset that they were stripping, but upon reading more about the evidence and knowledge I have come to think that he probably did. He should be banned for life and stripped of his wins.
- Some readers shared their support:
- One reader said the success of the Livestrong project does not mean Armstrong is excused from criticism.
- there's no place for cheating. everyone with his exposure AND with cancer at the time would have done the same and opened a foundation. what just because I had cancer and opened a foundation, you don't think I'd get done for cheating on my exams in university. same thing, don't let charm and fame blind you. especially when someone still can't get around the cheating and still calls himself #1. clearly delusional.
- Some readers took on Armstrong's teammates.
- What happened to his teammates that ratted him out? No consequences for them? So basically this was a witch hunt. Lance A. Your a true hero for beating cancer and for your great foundation. Also why would any donors ask for there donations back if it's going towards helping children, that says a lot of the DONORS. Lance for every child you helped you won a golden heart with wings, better than any trophy or award. To know that you help other people's kids. Your a great man, and because of that you will find hate and jealousy because of their shortcomings
OK to wear the yellow bracelet?
- This story in turn received a lot of response from readers. Many said they still support Livestrong.
- Livestrong bracelet.....KEEP. I'll continue to wear it because no matter how you look at it, the man beat cancer and won that race 7 times. He's still a "boss" in my book. When I wear my Livestrong bracelet I am inspired to try harder and quit whining. Even just to beat cancer and participate in the Tour De France 7 times that is still an unbelievable accomplishment. Lance Armstrong is still awesome and he's helped a lot of people through Livestrong.
- I'm not sure if Lance is guilty or not...that is something for law to take it's own course. I'll still keep wearing the Livestrong bracelet because it is a sign of the strength for all cancer survivors & people who are fighting against the disease. The intent of the man was right and that is what counts irrespective of the outcome if he has brought disgrace to the sport.