- — Richard Branson (@richardbranson)Fri, Oct 31 2014 20:04:19Thoughts with all @virgingalactic & Scaled, thanks for all your messages of support. I'm flying to Mojave immediately to be with the team.
- — Breaking News (@BreakingNews)Fri, Oct 31 2014 19:40:36
- The Virgin Galactic Twitter feed started the enthusiastically Friday as it announced details of the test flight
- Six minutes after the tweet about ignition, the account announced to the public there was trouble
- — Virgin Galactic (@virgingalactic)Fri, Oct 31 2014 18:38:37UPDATE:Virgin Galactic's partner Scaled Composites conducted a powered test flight of #SpaceShipTwo earlier today. (1 of 4)
- — Virgin Galactic (@virgingalactic)Fri, Oct 31 2014 18:38:54During the test, the vehicle suffered a serious anomaly resulting in the loss of SpaceShipTwo. WK2 landed safely. (2 of 4)
- — Virgin Galactic (@virgingalactic)Fri, Oct 31 2014 18:39:23We will work closely with relevant authorities to determine the cause of this accident and provide updates ASAP. (4 of 4)
Virgin Galactic says space tourism rocket lost
A witness says Virgin Galactic's SpaceShipTwo exploded during a test flight over California's Mojave Desert.