- Nov 19, 2017 12:52 PM EST
- Nov 19, 2017 11:51 AM EST -- Warrant issued
- Nov 19, 2017 10:32 AM EST -- Reward increased to $43,500
- Nov 19, 2017 1:13 AM EST – A suspect has been named in the fatal shooting of New Kensington, Pennsylvania, police officer Brian Shaw.
Police are searching for Rahmael Sal Holt. A warrant has been issued for his arrest.
According to Pennsylvania State Police, Holt is considered armed and dangerous.
Anyone who knows where Holt may be is asked to call 911.
- Nov 18, 2017 11:45 PM EST – The driver of the Jeep Cherokee that was involved in the traffic stop just before Friday night's shooting is in custody on unrelated drug charges, according to police sources.
Police are still searching for the shooter.
- Nov 18, 2017 11:30 PM EST – Multiple police sources confirm to WPXI that the girlfriend of the shooter has been released after being questioned by police.
Police are now obtaining a warrant to search her home in Natrona Heights.
- Nov 18, 2017 4:15 PM EST – "We will find you, we will arrest you and we will prosecute you so you will be held accountable for what has occurred," said Chief James Klein with New Kensington police.
Authorities held a news conference Saturday afternoon with no official updates on the case, other than the search for the shooter continued.
They also confirmed Shaw was wearing a bulletproof vest when he was shot Friday night.
- Nov 18, 2017 1:16 PM EST – The Bureau of Alcohol Tobacco and Firearms increased the amount of money it was putting toward the reward for information on the shooting, pushing the total to $40,000.
- Nov 18, 2017 12:29 PM EST – The reward for information on the person who killed Officer Brian Shaw was increased to $30,000, Pennsylvania State Police announced at a news conference Saturday.
- An autopsy was performed Saturday morning.
A processional will take Shaw's body to the Rusiewicz Funeral Home in Lower Burrell on Saturday afternoon. Traffic delays are expected.
>> On WPXI.com: Community donating food to New Kensington police, other law enforcement
Anyone with information on the shooting of Officer Shaw is asked to call New Kensington police at 724-339-7534 or dial 911.
- Nov 18, 2017 9:10 AM EST – The door to the New Kensington Police Department is wrapped in black in honor of fallen Officer Brian Shaw.
- Nov 18, 2017 1:10 AM EST – A $5,000 reward is being offered for information that leads to the arrest of the person who shot and killed Officer Brian Shaw.
- Nov 18, 2017 12:23 AM EST – The officer killed in the line of duty has been identified as Brian Shaw, according to state troopers.
>> On WPXI.com: What we know about Fallen Officer Brian Shaw
The BOLO has been cancelled, and the Jeep has been located. Police are still actively searching for the shooter.
Pittsburgh Police Chief Scott Schubert issued his condolences on Twitter following the shooting.
As seen onwhio.com
Suspect named in fatal shooting of Pennsylvania police officer
byCMGNationalNews3 Likes30,486 Views