- Byrnes' final tweet, posted April 20, said it all.
- NASCAR drivers, celebrities and fans paid tribute to Byrnes on social media.
- — Dale Earnhardt Jr. (@DaleJr)Tue, Apr 21 2015 18:22:24My hope is Steve was able to see how much he was loved & appreciated by so many. Rest easy friend. Prayers to his family. #ByrnesStrong
- — Tony Stewart (@TonyStewart)Tue, Apr 21 2015 17:59:31Very sad to hear about our friend Steve Byrnes passing today. Huge loss for our racing family. He was one of the best ever! We will miss you
- — Danica Patrick (@DanicaPatrick)Tue, Apr 21 2015 18:29:15So sad to hear that @SteveByrnes12 passed away. His last tweet-"I went the distance",You did my friend. Heaven gained a real fighter today!
- — Elliott Sadler (@Elliott_Sadler)Tue, Apr 21 2015 18:05:49So hard to hold back the tears and emotion.. You were such a great man and amazing father.. Fun co-worker and the best friend #ByrnesStrong
- — Kyle Busch (@KyleBusch)Tue, Apr 21 2015 18:00:24My thoughts n prayers are with the Byrnes Family. Steve was a great man, and a blessing to all that knew him. He will be greatly missed.
- — Tony Kanaan (@TonyKanaan)Tue, Apr 21 2015 19:32:01
- — Kenny Wallace (@Kenny_Wallace)Wed, Apr 22 2015 03:17:21
- — Kenny Wallace (@Kenny_Wallace)Wed, Apr 22 2015 03:35:15
- — Mario Andretti (@MarioAndretti)Tue, Apr 21 2015 19:56:07
- — Rutledge Wood (@RutledgeWood)Tue, Apr 21 2015 17:55:03What can you say when you lose a friend & a wonderful man? I wouldn't be who I am or where I am without you @SteveByrnes12 Love you always
- — Trevor Bayne (@Tbayne6)Tue, Apr 21 2015 21:53:48I'm deeply saddened by the loss of Steve Byrnes today here on Earth, but I'm rejoicing The fact I am certain I will see him again in heaven!
- — Greg Biffle (@gbiffle)Wed, Apr 22 2015 01:50:34@SteveByrnes12 Was a great man and loved his family, I had the pleasure of doing TV with him for several years and he taught me so much. RIP
- — Ricky Stenhouse Jr. (@StenhouseJr)Tue, Apr 21 2015 18:36:04
- — tyler byrnes (@tylerbyrnes)Tue, Apr 21 2015 17:59:35RIP to the greatest man I know, Steve Byrnes. My heart feels so empty without you. I promise to continue what you started at Fox and NASCAR.
As seen onwsoctv.com
Steve Byrnes, NASCAR announcer, dead at 56
Fox Sports said he died Tuesday after a battle with cancer.