- — Bill de Blasio (@NYCMayor)Sat, Dec 30 2017 16:59:38Erica Garner’s death is a horrible tragedy. I am praying for her family, who have already been through so much. This city will miss her unshakable sense of justice and passion for humanity.
- — NAACP (@NAACP)Sat, Dec 30 2017 16:28:46
- — Bernie Sanders (@BernieSanders)Sat, Dec 30 2017 17:24:17Erica Garner was an exceptional young woman. She was a loving daughter, sister, mother, friend. Jane and I send our deepest condolences to the entire Garner family and to all those she has impacted.
- — Bernie Sanders (@BernieSanders)Sat, Dec 30 2017 17:24:40Though Erica didn't ask to be an activist, she responded to the personal tragedy of seeing her father die while being arrested in New York City by becoming a leading proponent for criminal justice reform and for an end to police brutality.
- — Bernie Sanders (@BernieSanders)Sat, Dec 30 2017 17:25:55I had the honor of getting to know Erica and I was inspired by the commitment she made working towards a more just world for her children and future generations. She was a fighter for justice and will not be forgotten.
Reactions to death of Erica Garner