- Tourist attractions go purple: New York’s Empire State building, Paris’ Eiffel Tower, the High Roller Ferris wheel in Las Vegas, the Chicago skyline and Target Field in Prince’s home of Minnesota were all lighted in memoriam.
- Fans remember final concert: At the historic Atlanta venue, fans created a makeshift shrine for the musician days after he died. With candles, balloons and posters in hands, they decorated the Fox Theatre in his honor of his 40-year career.
- Stylist dresses up as Prince for Halloween: Talaya Render, a 25-year-old stylist at Atlanta's Like the River Salon, pieced together her costume with items she already owned for her company's annual Halloween costume contest. She bought a curly wig, but left it behind when she realized she didn't even need it.
- Celebrities mourn on social media: CeeLo Green, Kenny Leon, Samuel L. Jackson and Usher were just a few of the celebrities who took to social media to express their condolences. Green, who attended Prince's last show, wrote on Instagram, “I find myself being afraid now feeling alone in the world without him, for I believe that he was dealing directly with the Creator."
- Prince remembered at the BET Awards: The Roots, Bilal, Erykah Badu, Tori Kelly, Jennifer Hudson, Maxwell, Janelle Monae and Sheila E. flocked the stage to deliver their best Prince impersonations. With four different tributes, BET surprised fans with riveting and unforgettable performances.
- Madonna tribute at Billboard Music Awards: After Questlove kicked things off, the inside of the arena turned purple as the fitting “Dearly beloved…” intro to “Let’s Go Crazy” played. Opening with “Nothing Compares 2 U,” Madonna began the musical tribute decked out in a silk lavender suit, lacy-ruffled sleeve and Prince-like cane. As she wound down the song, Stevie Wonder joined her on stage for “Purple Rain,” and together they led the crowd through the anthem.
As seen onwhio.com
Prince: 6 memorable tributes
byCMGNationalNews2 Likes6,444 Views