- — Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump)Wed, Feb 11 2015 02:50:16I have long stated that Brian Williams was not a very smart guy - all you have to do is look at his past. Now he has proven me correct!
- — Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump)Wed, Feb 11 2015 03:26:35Brian Williams, who is not the nice guy that people think he is, has now become totally irrelevant. He will never again hold court!
- — patrick wilson (@patrickwilson73)Wed, Feb 11 2015 01:48:42So Brian Williams is suspended for 6 months? ASININE & RIDICULOUS. We were lied to about a WAR...and those folks seem to get off just fine.
- — patrick wilson (@patrickwilson73)Wed, Feb 11 2015 03:30:59The issue is betrayal/sensational news...which i abhor.It seems like a knee jerk reaction without dealing with the problem. Maybe I'm wrong.
- — patrick wilson (@patrickwilson73)Wed, Feb 11 2015 03:32:24Maybe this will make us...and them... look at what's newsworthy. That's it. No more opinions. Far too much Twitter for me tonight.
- — Stephen King (@StephenKing)Wed, Feb 11 2015 01:29:51Brian Williams: Suspended 6 months. George Dubya ("Chemical weapons in Iraq--EEK!") $200,000 per year in pension benefits. America, kids.
- — Jeffrey Wright (@jfreewright)Wed, Feb 11 2015 02:04:14Relieved Brian Williams is benched cause he's the only truth-challenged one in broadcast news. Now let's go scoop all the wet out the ocean.
- — DL Hughley (@RealDLHughley)Wed, Feb 11 2015 02:13:49NBC says Brian Williams is suspended without pay for 6mos for lying about what happened in the Iraqi war! If u wanna… http://www.whosay.com/l/sora92U
- — shannon sharpe (@ShannonSharpe)Wed, Feb 11 2015 01:16:32NBC nightly news anchor B. Williams suspended 6months w/o pay. He should feel very lucky. What he did is a fireable offense.
- — Sean Astin (@SeanAstin)Wed, Feb 11 2015 02:40:10Great comments on the #brianwilliams story. I'm more forgiving of what I've read so far, but the higher standard argument is fair. bummer.
- — Tom Bergeron (@Tom_Bergeron)Wed, Feb 11 2015 02:37:06I think I know what's happening. Jon Stewart is leaving to teach Brian Williams how to anchor a fake news show that people actually trust.
- — Jillian Barberie (@askjillian)Wed, Feb 11 2015 04:16:57I don't feel bad for #BrianWilliams He gets 10 million a year. that's a hella lot more than the soldiers who get shot at with real bullets.
- — Anderson Cooper (@andersoncooper)Wed, Feb 11 2015 01:23:12Very possible #BrianWilliams will not be back after suspension in 6 months. Do you think he will be? Should he come back?
- — james l. brooks (@canyonjim)Wed, Feb 11 2015 02:48:09If Brian Williams. can look that smooth while being somewhat messed up inwardly maybe just a layer down I am incredibly smooth.
- — frank boal (@realfrankboal)Wed, Feb 11 2015 01:28:45If you read the full release on Brian Williams suspension..it's doubtful he'll ever return to the NBC anchor chair..#trust..
NBC's Brian Williams suspended; celebrities react on social media
Anchor Brian Williams has been suspended without pay for six months, NBC announced Tuesday. Here's how celebrities reacted to the news on social media.