- Jan 11, 2017 4:19 PM EST Click here to read Rex Tillerson's opening statement.
- Jan 11, 2017 4:09 PM EST Tillerson has said he could not say the president of the Philippines was a civil rights violator after he bragged about killing drug dealers without the benefit of a trial.
- Jan 11, 2017 4:00 PM EST When asked about the Iran war, Tillerson said it did not achieve any of the objectives.
- Jan 11, 2017 3:47 PM EST Tillerson says he thinks "well intended" programs such as DACA is sending the wrong message to countries in the Americas. We need to be more thoughtful, he said.
- Jan 11, 2017 3:44 PM EST Sen. Tim Kaine is speaking now.
- Jan 11, 2017 3:37 PM EST Tillerson is being asked by Sen. Jeff Flake if he thinks allowing Americans to travel to Cuba is a concession to the Cuban regime. Tillerson says it's a tough call; says he will enforce laws that are in place.
- Jan 11, 2017 3:23 PM EST Gardner asks about the South China Sea island building activities. Tillerson says its an illegal action.
- Jan 11, 2017 3:21 PM EST Sen. Gardner is speaking now.
- Jan 11, 2017 3:17 PM EST Tillerson says he has gained an appreciation of Islam and Muslims through his travels.
- Jan 11, 2017 3:16 PM EST Saheen asks about how he has severed his connections to Exxon-Mobile. Tillerson says he is humbled to get a chance to serve the government. Says he has worked to make sure he is completely disconnected from the company.
- Jan 11, 2017 3:13 PM EST Sen. Saheen is speaking now.
- Jan 11, 2017 3:12 PM EST Johnson asks Tillerson how he would lead the State Department. Tillerson said he would express clear views and offer a clear line of sight to the leader. "People look for leadership."
- Jan 11, 2017 3:08 PM EST The Palestinians and Israelis need to settle the land issue between themselves, Tillerson said.
- Jan 11, 2017 3:06 PM EST Sen. Ron Johnson is speaking now.
- Jan 11, 2017 3:04 PM EST Risch says he hopes Putin gets to know Tillerson and Trump to know they project strength.
- Jan 11, 2017 3:00 PM EST Sen. James Risch is speaking.
- Jan 11, 2017 3:00 PM EST Tillerson says there are plans to look at the Cuba plan "from the bottom up."
- Jan 11, 2017 2:55 PM EST Sen. Menendez says Exxon has lobbied against sanctions on some countries. Tillerson said he doesn't know what is he is referring to.
- Jan 11, 2017 2:51 PM EST Rubio and Tillerson are having a sharp exchange. "I share all the same values you share," Tillerson says.
- Jan 11, 2017 1:50 PM EST "Do you lack the knowledge to answer my question, or do you refuse to answer my question," Sen. Tim Kaine asks of Tillerson. "A little of both."
- Jan 11, 2017 1:30 PM EST Tillerson says he supports the North Atlantic Treaty Organization charter. It requires members to defend each other in the case of an attack on any members.
- Jan 11, 2017 12:54 PM EST He said he finds Russian involvement in undermining American elections would "not comport with our Democracy."
- Jan 11, 2017 12:53 PM EST I do not oppose TPP, Tillerson said.
- Jan 11, 2017 12:26 PM EST Chuck Schumer: "It seems the president-elect and his cabinet may never address the international security policy challenges posed by Russia and state sponsors of terrorism. If Mr. Tillerson cannot even say that he will support the existing sanctions, what kind of secretary of state will he be? I'm worried."
- Jan 11, 2017 12:25 PM EST Sen. Chuch Schumer says Tillerson is ducking questions that are tough to answer.
As seen onwhio.com
Live updates - Tillerson
byCMGNationalNews2 Likes12,886 Views