- Jul 25, 2017 4:01 PM EDT Democrats are rallying on the Capital steps, vowing to defeat any bill that repeals Obamacare.
- Jul 25, 2017 3:51 PM EDT The clerk has finished reading the amendment, and debate has begun on the bill to change the Affordable Care Act.
- Jul 25, 2017 3:33 PM EDT Protesters in the Senate gallery are yelling again.
- Jul 25, 2017 3:32 PM EDT President Trump says he applaudes the Senate for "taking a giant leap."
- Jul 25, 2017 3:26 PM EDT McConnell is proposing an amendment.
- Jul 25, 2017 3:25 PM EDT McCain closes his remarks and is given a standing ovation.
- Jul 25, 2017 3:23 PM EDT McCain: So many people have said such nice things about me you must have me confused with someone else.
- Jul 25, 2017 3:22 PM EDT McCain: We aren't afraid we don't hide behind walls, we breach them.
- Jul 25, 2017 3:21 PM EDT McCain: We are not the president' subordinates, we are his equal.
- Jul 25, 2017 3:15 PM EDT McCain: "Stop listening to the loudmouths on radio, TV, internet - to hell with them."
- Jul 25, 2017 3:14 PM EDT He's talking about cooperation and compromise - says sometimes he lost ground over things he said to other senators.
- Jul 25, 2017 3:11 PM EDT John McCain is speaking now. He thanks Arizona for sending him to the Senate for 30 years.
- Jul 25, 2017 3:10 PM EDT Pence votes aye to break the tie. The motion passes.
- Jul 25, 2017 3:07 PM EDT Every Democrat in the Senate voted no on the motion.
- Jul 25, 2017 3:06 PM EDT Senators continue to come over to greet Sen. McCain. He will speak from the floor after the vote.
- Jul 25, 2017 3:05 PM EDT The vote stands at 50 yes and 50 no.
- Jul 25, 2017 3:01 PM EDT McCain votes aye. Johnson votes aye. The vote now stands at 50 yes. The Democrats are voting. So far, all are voting no.
- Jul 25, 2017 3:00 PM EDT Senators are standing and applauding as John McCain makes his way to the Senate floor.
- Jul 25, 2017 2:58 PM EDT Sen. Johnson has just come into the chamber and is talking with McConnell.
- Jul 25, 2017 2:51 PM EDT Republican senators John McCain (Arizona) and Rob Johnson (Wisconsin) have not yet voted.
- Jul 25, 2017 2:49 PM EDT No Democrats have voted as of yet.
- Jul 25, 2017 2:46 PM EDT McConnell needs two more votes for the motion to pass.
As seen onajc.com
Live updates: Health care vote