- Washington Post Social Media reporter Caitlin Dewey collected some of the hilarious and downright disgusting tweets from journalists who are arriving in Sochi to cover the Winter Olympics. Many early arrivals are finding that hotels are only partially finished. Below are some of the Tweets that Dewey collected and some other interesting social media out of Sochi:
- — Harry Reekie (@HarryCNN)Tue, Feb 04 2014 08:10:16
- — Stacy St. Clair (@StacyStClair)Tue, Feb 04 2014 03:02:08My hotel has no water. If restored, the front desk says, "do not use on your face because it contains something very dangerous." #Sochi2014
- — Shaun Walker (@shaunwalker7)Tue, Feb 04 2014 10:13:37Still waiting for "preparations" on hotel room to finish. Hoping they're origami-folding toilet roll, rather than, say, putting the roof on.
- — Shaun Walker (@shaunwalker7)Wed, Feb 05 2014 02:24:33THIS IS AN EMERGENCY SITUATION, LEAVE THE BUILDING IMMEDIATELY. 6am Sochi wake up. Brief moment of terror as locked fire door.
- — Shaun Walker (@shaunwalker7)Tue, Feb 04 2014 17:41:45Got back to hotel. Lift broken after half day in use. Trekked up stairs. Door to my floor (that'd be the fire door) locked. Utter farce.
- — Rosa Hwang (@RosaHwangCTV)Wed, Feb 05 2014 03:16:28For those now following me cuz of that mention in @washingtonpost - hate to disappoint but my tweets are neither hilarious nor gross. :)
- — Wayne Chow (@wayne_chow)Sun, Feb 02 2014 22:58:42@bruce_arthur Hotel issues have been happening to a lot of people. Left out on the street, you risk being poisoned or trapped like the dogs.
- — Mark MacKinnon (@markmackinnon)Tue, Feb 04 2014 14:03:21For those of you asking, when there's no lobby in your hotel, you go to the owner's bedroom to check in. #Sochi2014
- — katiebakes (@katiebakes)Tue, Feb 04 2014 03:43:02Made new pal from La Presse as we struggled to find hotel. When we got to our (temporary) rooms his doorknob came off in hand #roadtosochi
Journalists in Sochi tweet funny and gross hotel experiences
Reporters from around the world are finally arriving in Sochi, Russia, for the Winter Olympics, and their first impressions have not been favorable.
byCMGNationalNews1 Like40,814 Views