- Nov 14, 2017 3:30 PM EST The hearing is ending after more than five hours.
- Nov 14, 2017 3:25 PM EST Rep. Doug Collins, (R-Georgia), is speaking now. He remarks on a "War Eagle" comment made earlier in the day. Collins is talking about criminal justice reform and Sessions says reform is doable.
- Nov 14, 2017 3:18 PM EST Rep. Trent Franks, (R-Arizona), is speaking now. He is asking for an investigation into a story from The Hill about the selling of fetal tissue. Franks is asking that Meuller recuse himself from the investigation he is heading.
- Nov 14, 2017 3:16 PM EST Rep. John Rutherford, (R-Florida), is speaking now. He is asking for help with the grant process from the DOJ and TSA searches.
- Nov 14, 2017 3:06 PM EST Rep. Louie Gohmert, (R-Texas), is speaking now. He said Rod Rosenstein and Robert Mueller should not be involved in the Russian uranium investigation.
- Nov 14, 2017 3:03 PM EST Rep.Martha Robie (R-Alabama), is speaking now. She asks two questions: Have you ever worked with Russia to influence an election? Have you ever knowingly harmed the national security of America? Sessions answers no to both.
- Nov 14, 2017 2:56 PM EST Rep. Paul Labrador, (R-Idaho), is speaking. Labrador asks what Congress can do to protect religious liberty in the United States. Session says he is concerned with the lack of respect for people who are expressing their religious views.
- Nov 14, 2017 2:51 PM EST Rep. Brad Schneider, (D-Illinois), is speaking. Schneider is asking Sessions what is being done to prevent foreign interference in future elections. Sessions says he will personally be taking action to protect elections in the future.
- Nov 14, 2017 2:46 PM EST Rep. Karen Handel (R-Georgia), is speaking now. She asks is Sessions has ever deliberately lied or tried to lie to the Congress. "I have not," he answers.
- Nov 14, 2017 2:39 PM EST Rep. Pramila Jayapal (D-Washington), is speaking. Jayapal asks if when he was a prosecutor if he accepted a lack of recall as a defense.
- Nov 14, 2017 2:34 PM EST Rep. Andy Biggs, (R-Arizona), is speaking now. Biggs asks what the deputy attorney general's job is and what the deputy FBI director's job is. Sessions answers. Biggs wants to know if there was any vetting about possible conflicts of interest between the two.
- Nov 14, 2017 2:30 PM EST Raskin asks what is the penalty for a president who violates the Emoluments Cause. It comes down to standing, Sessions says.
- Nov 14, 2017 2:27 PM EST Rep. Jamie Raskin (D-Maryland) is speaking now. Raskin asks if Sessions would protect the right of the media to report. "I will commit to respecting the role of the press."
- Nov 14, 2017 2:20 PM EST Rep. Mike Johnson (R-Louisiana), is speaking now. Johnson asks if the case against Paul Manafort would have become public if not for the special counsel investigation. Sessions said he is not sure, but probably not.
- Nov 14, 2017 2:18 PM EST Lieu asks if Sessions lied when filling out security paperwork. Sessions said no.
- Nov 14, 2017 2:18 PM EST Rep. Ted Lieu, (D-California), is speaking. Has he been asked by Trump to take a loyalty oath, and would he if he were asked that? Sessions said he wouldn't.
- Nov 14, 2017 2:13 PM EST The hearing has resumed. Rep. Matt Gaetz, (R-Florida), is speaking. Are you recused on the Fusion GPS matter? Sessions says he cannot comment.
- Nov 14, 2017 1:25 PM EST The hearing is in recess for a few minutes for a House floor vote.
- Nov 14, 2017 1:24 PM EST "I'm not a fan of WikiLeaks," Sessions says.
- Nov 14, 2017 1:23 PM EST Sessions: "No, I didn't tell Carter Page not to go to Russia. Am I suppose to stop him from going on a trip."
- Nov 14, 2017 1:20 PM EST Rep. Eric Swalwell (D-California), is speaking. He says Sessions' story has changed three times.
- Nov 14, 2017 1:19 PM EST Rep. John Ratcliffe, (R-Texas) is speaking. He asks Sessions to commit to upholding the rule of law, no matter what. Sessions says he will do it.
- Nov 14, 2017 1:08 PM EST Rep. David Cicilline (D-Rhode Island) is speaking. He asks if the president has contacted the DOJ about the AT&T-Time Warner merger. Sessions says he cannot comment on that. Has anyone in the Trump campaign had dealings with Russia and not disclosed it. Sessions says he cannot comment on that.
- Nov 14, 2017 1:06 PM EST Desantis asks if the FBI helped to pay for the Steele dossier. Sessions said he cannot answer that question.
- Nov 14, 2017 1:05 PM EST Rep. Ron Desantis, (R-Florida), is speaking. He asks why Sessions recused himself from the Russian investigation, and why some, specifically former FBI director James Comey, have talked about ongoing investigations. "Mr. Comey talked more than he should," Sessions says.
As seen onwhio.com
Jeff Sessions testifies
byCMGNationalNews1 Like12,126 Views