- NFL Hall of Fame player and broadcaster Frank Gifford died Sunday. He was 84.
- "We rejoice in the extraordinary life he was privileged to live, and we feel grateful and blessed to have been loved by such an amazing human being," his family said in the statement. "We ask that our privacy be respected at this difficult time and we thank you for your prayers."
- Celebrities shared their condolences on his passing through social media.
- — Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump)Sun, Aug 09 2015 20:36:27Wonderful Frank Gifford has just passed away at age 84. He was my friend and a truly great guy! Warmest condolences to family.
- — Michael Moore (@MMFlint)Sun, Aug 09 2015 20:32:25"And I don't care what's on the line (football field), Howard, you have got to say what we both know in the booth." - Frank Gifford, 12/8/80
- — Andrea Mitchell (@mitchellreports)Sun, Aug 09 2015 21:51:45Giants owner Steve Tisch: Frank Gifford "will always be known as a Giants' Giant" - All of us who grew up in NY as Giants fans agree
- — maria menounos (@mariamenounos)Sun, Aug 09 2015 18:52:09
- — Kathie Lee Gifford (@KathieLGifford)Sun, Aug 09 2015 20:44:48Deeply grateful to all 4 ur outpouring of grace. We r steadfast in our faith & finding comfort in knowing where Frank is. Phillippians 4:13.
Celebrities share condolences on social media after Frank Gifford's death
NFL Hall of Fame player and broadcaster Frank Gifford died Sunday. He was 84.