- USA Today published an article Wednesday with the headline, "Mom of the year? Baltimore woman isn't a hero to all."
- Meanwhile, a Washington Post article questioned the public's fascination with the story.
- — Lisa Bonos (@lisabonos)Wed, Apr 29 2015 20:57:43Why is America celebrating the beating of a black child? @DrStaceyPatton on the Baltimore mom: http://www.washingtonpost.com/posteverything/wp/2015/04/29/why-is-america-celebrating-the-beating-of-a-black-child/ …
- Some Twitter users said the viral video shows child abuse.
- — Robert Marchini (@RobertMarchini)Thu, Apr 30 2015 04:09:09I've seen the video of the mom at Baltimore riots hitting her son ( http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/local/wp/2015/04/28/woman-called-mom-of-the-year-after-beating-a-young-man-out-of-baltimore-riots/ …). I don't find child abuse particularly funny.
- — Paper Abortion (@CoyAxx)Wed, Apr 29 2015 22:42:42sooo sick of #momoftheyear! she's not a hero! she's part of the problem! wake up ppl, u look foolish talking out of both sides of ur mouth
- — DaAnGrYASiAN™ (@DaAnGrYASiAN)Wed, Apr 29 2015 22:23:08
- — Aldo F. Cotrina (@cotrial)Wed, Apr 29 2015 23:37:28Toya Graham has to be arrested and prosecute, should be no precedent in any form to justified Assault, Battery and Child Abused to a minor.
- However, most people appeared to support Graham.
- — Melissa Etezadi (@MelissaNBCLA)Wed, Apr 29 2015 23:34:31Shocked by this negative @USATODAY piece. Put #BaltimoreMom in Twitter- u find MILLIONS of supporters,not backlash. http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/2015/04/29/baltimore-mom-smacks-son-riots/26574143/ …
- — Geraldo Rivera (@GeraldoRivera)Tue, Apr 28 2015 13:00:13Watched proudly as 1 brave Baltimore mom righteously confronted her rampaging son ordering him home. Ravaged city will need more like her.
- — Brian Wilson (@BrianWilsonDC)Mon, Apr 27 2015 23:55:31You go Baltimore Mom!!! https://www.facebook.com/COEDMagazine/videos/949662471732277/ …
- — Tim W. Jones (@SpeakerTimJones)Wed, Apr 29 2015 22:31:05Need more moms like THIS rock star mom: Mom Who Yanked Son Off Baltimore Streets Speaks Out: http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2015/04/28/mom-who-yanked-son-off-baltimore-streets-speaks-out-and-at-that-point-not-even-thinking-about-cameras/ … #Baltimore #Ferguson
- — Charles V Payne (@cvpayne)Tue, Apr 28 2015 02:22:09Mom of the year in Baltimore...my mother would have did same thing... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mVTlYvi35Xk&app=desktop …
- Here's the original video. What do you think?
Baltimore mom faces backlash for publicly slapping rioting son
Toya Graham, who received overwhelming support after video surfaced that showed her slapping her rioting son, is now taking some heat.