- WATCH THE LIVE STREAM:
- April 15, 1:50 p.m. ET The park announces that April has given birth to a male calf.
- April 15, 12 p.m. ET Animal Adventure Park provided updates on April and her calf.
- Social media celebrated after the birth of April's calf.
- April 15, 10:00 a.m. ET At approximately 10 a.m. ET, April the giraffe gave birth. The calf is up and walking. April appears to be doing well.
- April 15, 8:00 a.m. ET Animal Adventure Park posted an image of the calf's legs beginning to emerge, with April closely observing the progress.
- April 15, 7:45 a.m. ET Animal Adventure Park announced that April was in labor.
- UPDATE, March 4, 8:37 a.m. EST:
- UPDATE, March 3, 10pm EST Via Animal Adventure Park:
"Not much change to report. Continued belly movements! Back end remains quite large with visibly pink coloring. No significant reports from care staff or vet."
- UPDATE, March 2, 9:40 p.m. EST:
More babies were born at Animal Adventure Park in New York, but April's calf is still in her belly, according to an evening update from the zoo.
"April is - -without question -- growing! Keepers were able to get hands on the belly and make 'contact' with baby! April appears a little more on edge - but only in the sense of not being as "lovey" as usual," the zoo said in a Facebook update.
- UPDATE, March 2, 10:20 a.m. EST:
Animal Adventure Park in New York posted an update on Facebook saying April's condition has remained the same.
"A lot of behavior that had us on our toes but no acknowledgeable active labor at this time ... Her growth is perhaps more noticeable when compare like this versus day to do. There is no doubt momma and calf are progressing and growing."
- UPDATE, March 1, 9:30 p.m. EST: The zoo posted an evening update on Facebook.
"Not much physical change however, there is significant movement once again in the belly," the post said.
As seen onajc.com
UPDATES: April the giraffe at Animal Adventure Park in New York
byCMGNationalNews2 Likes280,287 Views