- The drama began Monday when hosts Michelle Collins and Joy Behar appeared to mock Miss Colorado Kelley Johnson for her monologue about her career in nursing.
Collins said, “She came in in a nurse’s uniform and basically read her emails out loud. And shockingly, she did not win.”
Behar added, “Why does she have the doctor’s stethoscope around her neck?”
- Hilary Helkenn, an ER nurse with more than 20 years of experience in Sacramento, California, took to Facebook on Monday to respond.
- Other nurses echoed the sentiment, taking to social media to blast the show's hosts using the hashtag #NursesUnite.
- Collins and Behar apologized for their comments Wednesday ...
- ... and even invited nurses onto the show ...
- ... but that hasn't stopped advertisers from distancing themselves from the program.