As seen onFavicon for http://www.whio.comwhio.com

Trump North Korea

North Korea's foreign minister on Monday told reporters that President Donald Trump has issued "a declaration of war" against the Hermit Kingdom in the president’s most recent statements on the country. However, White House spokeswoman Sarah Huckabee Sanders insisted at a news briefing on Monday that no declaration had been made. “We’ve not declared war on North Korea, and frankly the suggestion of that is absurd,” she said. On Saturday, Trump said that North Korea "won't be around much longer" if it continues to threaten the United States.

Embed

  1. "The whole world should clearly remember it was the U.S. who first declared war on our country," North Korean foreign minister Ri Yong Ho told reporters in New York, according to The Independent.
  2. Yong Ho said Trump's statements give North Korea “every right” under the U.N. Charter to take countermeasures, The Associated Press reported.
  3. "Since the United States declared war on our country, we will have every right to make countermeasures, including the right to shoot down United States strategic bombers even when they are not inside the airspace border of our country," he said. “The question of who won’t be around much longer will be answered then.”
  4. The comments come amid rising tensions between the U.S. and North Korea. Trump has repeatedly called North Korean leader Kim Jong Un a "rocket man" and a "madman," while Jong Un has called Trump a "deranged U.S. dotard."
Like
Share

Share

Facebook
Google+