- Multiple agencies are investigating the shooting, which happened in the doorway of a home in Locust Grove. Officers were attempting to serve an arrest warrant when they were shot, officials said.
- Update Feb 9, 2018 10:13 PM EST: Georgia authorities have now identified the suspect in the fatal shooting of a Locust Grove police officer and the wounding of two Henry County sheriff's deputies. The trio went to a home in Henry County Friday to serve an arrest warrant on Tierra Guthrie, 39, when the fatal shooting happened, according to the Atlanta Journal-Constitution. The Georgia Bureau of Investigations confirmed the arrest warrant stemmed from a failure to appear on a traffic violation.
- Update Feb 9, 2018 6:53 PM EST: The Georgia Bureau of Investigations has released the names of the three officers involved in Friday's shooting in Henry County. As already reported, Locust Grove Officer Chase Maddox was killed. Henry County Sheriff's deputies Michael D. Corley and Sidwell "Sid" Callaway were injured.
- Feb 9, 2018 4:03 PM EST: The Locust Grove Police Department has identified the officer killed today in the line of duty as Officer Chase Maddox, 26, a 5-year veteran of the force. Maddox is married with one child and another baby on the way, WSB-TV reported. Maddox's wife is due any day.
- Update Feb 9, 2018 3:50 PM EST: The Locust Grove police officer killed Friday, whose name has not been released, was a five-year veteran of the department.
Authorities said one of the injured Henry County deputies had more than 20 years of experience.
- Update Feb 9, 2018 2:48 PM EST: Snellville police Chief Roy Whitehead said one of the deputies shot in Henry County is the father of one of his officers.
- Update Feb 9, 2018 2:10 PM EST: The Locust Grove officer was killed, authorities said at a news conference Friday. One sheriff's deputy was listed in critical condition and the in fair condition in the aftermath of the shooting.
- Update Feb 9, 2018 2:06 PM EST: Officials are expected to provide more information about the shooting at a news conference scheduled for 2 p.m. Friday.
- Update Feb 9, 2018 1:59 PM EST: One of the deputies shot has been identified as Michael Corley by his brother.
Wade Corley, pastor of Mt. Zion United Methodist Church of Griffin, spoke with reporters outside of Atlanta Medical Center and said a bullet went through his brother’s vest and “caught him in the lungs.”
He’s getting an MRI, the man said.
- Wade Corley said he was calling his brother when another officer answered the call to tell him his brother was OK.
“Please just pray,” he said to reporters. “Lift these families up.”
- Several deputies were seen leaving the scene before 2 p.m. Police said the shooter is dead and that authoriteis aren't looking for anyone else connected to the shooting.
Police still had the house where shooting happened cordoned off.
- Update Feb 9, 2018 12:58 PM EST: Authorities said at least one of the injured officers was taken to Atlanta Medical Center. Another was taken to Piedmont Henry Hospital.
- Summit Racing Equipment store, which was evacuated because authorities suspected it was part of the shooting scene, has been given the all-clear. Workers are returning to the building.
- Update Feb 9, 2018 12:41 PM EST: Multiple agencies, including the Henry County Sheriff’s Office, the Georgia Bureau of Investigations and the Locust Grove and Henry County police departments, are investigating. An agent with the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives is also on the scene.