- All timed updates in local time.
- UPDATE April 20, 4:00 p.m.: Police said one suspect is in custody and the second, a male, is dead.
- UPDATE April 20, 3:50 p.m.: Two suspects are in custody after initial reports said a third suspect was at large. The third suspect was not involved, according to police.
- UPDATE April 20, 3:00p.m.: Police said the incident began with a robbery call at the 7-Eleven where three suspects fled. Officers caught up with them about a block away, and one officer began fighting with a man the ground.
While the officer was fighting, a female suspect came up and hit the officer on the head with a bottle. The suspects then fled.
A third suspect, a man, came out and there was an exchange of gunfire with officers. Two of the three officers fired.
The suspect then fled into a nearby building where he barricaded himself inside.
- One female officer, 42, was shot in the chest, but the bullet was stopped by her bulletproof vest. She is in satisfactory condition. A second officer, a 30-year-old man, was shot in the chin and ribcage and is in critical condition. Both are at Harborview Medical Center.
As seen onwhio.com
Two police officers shot, 1 grazed in downtown Seattle robbery